|Year of Birth||1910s Or 1920s|
|Voice Actor||Rick May|
|Meet the Soldier|
The Soldier is a crazed, jingoistic patriot from America's heartland. Tough and well-armed, he is versatile, capable of both offense and defense, and a great starter class to get familiar with the game.
The Soldier is well known for his spectacular rocket jump. In defiance of all good sense and judgment, the Soldier can detonate a rocket at his feet and launch himself skyward at the cost of some health (which can be reduced by the Gunboats, or negated altogether by the Rocket Jumper). This ability allows the Soldier to appear from unexpected places and reach areas off-limits even to the Scout's double jump and Hype jumps.
Well-balanced and possessing both survivability and mobility, the Soldier is considered one of the most flexible classes in Team Fortress 2. Despite his low ground movement speed, he is capable of using rocket jumps to reach his destination quickly. His large health pool is second only to that of the Heavy, and his wide array of armaments and weaponry allow him to bring whatever weapon or equipment is best suited to the situation at hand.
The Soldier is voiced by Rick May.
Description:Though he wanted desperately to fight in World War 2, the Soldier was rejected by every branch of the military. Undaunted, he bought his own ticket to Europe. After arriving and finally locating Poland, the Soldier taught himself how to load and fire a variety of weapons before embarking on a Nazi killing spree for which he was awarded several medals that he designed and made himself. His rampage ended immediately upon hearing about the end of the war in 1949.
Basic strategy Edit
- You can rocket jump to great heights by simultaneously jumping and firing a rocket at the ground.
- Crouching and jumping simultaneously while aiming at the ground will propel you farther at the cost of more self-damage.
- Aim rockets at enemy's feet to ensure they can't avoid the explosion damage.
- Make sure you keep your Rocket Launcher loaded. Hit R to reload it at any time.
- Press E to call for a Medic if you get hurt. Nearby Medics will be notified of your need.
- When in spawn, Shoot rockets at yourself to help get your medic uber.
- Try predicting where the rockets will go instead of shooting where the enemy will go.
|Name||(Supposedly) Jane doe|
|Health:||200 /300 |
- "If fighting is sure to result in victory, than you must fight."(in Meet the Soldier)
- "Screaming Eagles!"
- "Get a haircut, Trashcan."
- "I'm not gonna just give it to you, you'd like that wouldn't you."
- "You wizard ghost maggot."
- Jane Doe is implied to be the name of the Blue Soldier, whereas Barrister Doe is the name of the Red Soldier.