The Cow Mangler doesn't need ammo, instead it uses charge. you can fire about 5 shots before you have to charge the Cow Mangler again.
When the Cow Mangler is fully charged, it can also fire a powerful shot that deals a mini-crit and lights enemies on fire (also you if you're too close). It also disables buildings for 4 seconds.
Does not require ammo.
Loads 5 rockets instead of 4.
-10% damage dealt.
5% longer reload time.
No random crits.
Can not be crit boosted.
-80% damage vs buildings.
Reflected projectiles become crits.
- Use the Cow Mangler on large groups or slow moving targets. The best time to use it is on a heavy while his fireing/spinning his minigun, or a sniper.
- Individual shots do more damage over a period of time then one fully charged shot, use a fully charged shot only if you are certan it will finish off anyone it hits.
- Shooting at pyros is a risky prospect consitering this weapons reflected projectiles are crits instead of mini-crit when reflected. Use caution when dealing with pyros.
- This weapon is totally ineffected by crit boost and can not randomly crit, so use the shotgun/bison/reserve shooter instead if you have crit boost.
- Avoid attempting to take down any kind of building with this weapon as it deals 80% less damage to buildings.
- This weapon has the ability to team kill by changing to spectator after firing a "mangler" shot at a team member.
HOW TO CRAFT
You can craft the Cow Mangler 5000 by combining reclaimed metal with the Black Box.